Pawel P. Jankowski, MD
Pawel P. Jankowski M.D. earned his medical degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine and completed residency in neurosurgery at University of California San Diego. Following residency training, he performed a traveling spine fellowship in France and Switzerland with the top spine surgeons in Europe. He then went on to complete advanced spine fellowship training at New York University Langone Hospital for Joint Disease with an emphasis on adult and pediatric spine deformity.
Dr. Jankowski’s clinical practice focuses on complex spinal pathology, adult and pediatric spinal deformity, and revision reconstruction procedures from prior spine surgery. He has extensive experience with robotic assisted spine surgery and minimally invasive techniques in the treatment of complex spine disorders. He has been first author on numerous peer-reviewed scientific articles and maintains an active research interest in spine surgery, particularly in adult and pediatric scoliosis, patient outcome studies from complex spine procedures, spinal cord tumors and spinal cord injury.
Dr. Jankowski employs an integrated and comprehensive approach to patient care by working together with internists, neurologists, pain specialists, psychiatrists, pediatricians and anesthesiologists to explore all avenues for alternative treatments before an operation is considered. He believes in a patient specific approach to tailor the most effective and safest treatment strategy for each patient. He emphasizes the use of pre-operative planning technologies, safe surgical procedures and is passionate about improving his patient’s quality of life.
When he’s not working, Dr. Jankowski enjoys snowboarding and mountain climbing. As a former collegiate varsity athlete, he believes in staying active and leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Sagittal and Coronal Plane Deformity Corrections
- Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy
- Vertebral Column Resection
- Scoliosis Correction
- Kyphosis Correction
- Smith-Peterson Osteotomy
- Lumbar Decompression and Fusions
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Lateral Lumbar Spine Fusion
- Robotic Assisted Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Posterior Cervical Decompression and Fusion
- Cervical Disc Arthroplasty
- Atlantoaxial Fusion (C1-2 Fusion)
- Adult Deformity and Scoliosis
- Pediatric Deformity and Scoliosis Including:
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Juvenile Scoliosis
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Scheuermann’s Kyphosis
English, Polish and German
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Scoliosis Research Society